We are an airline family that loves to travel. The 2016-2017 school year was the first year that both of our children were in school full days. They both love school but we found it very difficult to make the time to travel. We made the decision, after much thought, that the following year we wanted to homeschool our children so that we could travel more. Travel offers a whole new level to their education that we are very excited to explore. We are hoping that experiencing a variety of different cultures will give them an eye-opening view of the world around them that will last a lifetime.
***Update as of June 2018*** We have transitioned into our life living in a camper and are continuing to homeschool. We will be stationary for the summer at a campground near family. During that time we hope to adapt to living in a camper and plan our future destinations. Due to craziness of selling our home and moving into a camper over the last few months, we are still working on finishing out the 2017-2018 school year, but should be done in a few weeks.
We are fully aware that homeschooling our children will not be easy. It will also be a learning experience for the children and the adults. We are trying to go into this new journey with our eyes wide open and know that there will be bumps along the way.
Family Trips Taken To Date
- 2018 August – Sydney & Cairns, Australia
- 2018 June – Rapid City, South Dakota
- 2018 April – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- 2018 March – Tennessee & Atlanta, Georgia
- 2018 February – Austin, Texas
- 2018 January – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- 2018 January – Orlando, Florida
- 2017 December – Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2017 October – Scotland
- 2017 September – Atlanta, Georgia
- 2017 August – Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
- 2017 June – Backpacking, Porcupine Mountains, Michigan
- 2017 January – Miami, Florida
- 2016 November – Lincoln, Nebraska
- 2016 October – Denver, Colorado
- 2016 April – San Francisco, California
- 2016 March – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- 2015 November – Naples, Florida
- 2015 August – Washington D.C.
- 2015 March – Black Point, Exuma, Bahamas
- 2014 September – Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2014 February – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 2013 May – Naples, Florida
- 2012 June – San Antonio, Texas
- 2012 April – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- 2011 April – Fort Myers, Florida
- 2010 December – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- 2010 June – Alabama
- 2008 May – Naples, Florida